landscape requirements image

Edmonton’s Zoning Bylaw requires landscaping for for non-residential, large scale residential (5+ units) and mixed use developments.

A landscape security is collected by the City to cover the cost of landscaping and ensures that landscaping is completed according to Section 5.60 of the Zoning Bylaw and the approved development permit plans.

Securities are required for major development permits (commercial, industrial, and multi-unit residential), and are held until the Development Planner confirms that the required landscaping has been maintained in a healthy condition for a minimum of 24 months.