Main page content begins here

Read about up-to-date COVID-19 related service adjustments for development, permit, licensing, and construction & inspection services.

Select your project to apply online.

Commercial Building Demolition

Complete removal of commercial, industrial, multi-residential buildings.

Apply Online
For the removal of houses, detached garages and other residential structures see Demolition.

For partial demolitions, see Changes to Existing Buildings.


Hoisting apparatus capable of projecting over the City right-of-way.

Apply Online


Temporary occupation of City right-of-way for construction or protection of the public.

Apply Online

On-Street Construction & Maintenance (OSCAM)

On-Street Construction and Maintenance (OSCAM) permits are required for all work on City road rights-of-way, under any one of the following conditions:

  • All work that involves excavation of roadways, sidewalks, or boulevards
  • Non-excavation work that interferes with traffic flows on major roadways during the hours of 6am to 9am and/or 3:30pm to 6:30pm excluding weekends and holidays
  • All work on freeways, river crossings, in the downtown core, or Whyte Avenue area
  • All work with a duration of more than four hours at any one location. Multiple work locations less than 250 metres apart are considered to be one location
OSCAM Permit Request

All work within road rights-of-way must be completed within City of Edmonton Design and Construction standards. City lands must be restored to the same state and condition in which it existed prior to work commencement. The Guidelines for Excavation and Core Restoration (Section 2965) summarize the Design and Construction Standard key points. The construction standard has exact details for your work area.

Stone Mastic Asphalt SMA 2011-2013 No Cut Locations Map

Full Depth Reclamation Map (6.74MB)

Concrete Base Roadway Map (6.24MB)

Road Right-of-Way Portable Signs

To place a portable sign on road rights-of-way, applicants must first enter into an Agreement with the City.

Portable Signs Application and Maps

Showhome Wayfinding

The City has developed a set of guidelines for the installation of showhome wayfinding signage within public road rights-of-way. These guidelines align with City Council’s direction to reduce sign clutter on public lands.

Showhome Wayfinding
Utility Line Assignment

External agencies and private utilities can apply for a ULA Permit to monitor or use well installations within the public road rights-of-way. All utility installations require a ULA Permit for City approval. For more information, visit Utility Line Assignment Permits.

Apply Online
Attach a digital copy of your tentative plan or indicate that hard copies will be sent. Acceptable file types are .doc, .pdf and .jpg. Confirmation of your application will be sent to the email indicated in the application.
Waste Bin Parking Form

The City has developed a form to request a permit for the placement of a waste bin, POD, or Sea-Can on the City road right of way.

Waste Bin Parking Form

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content