Safe and clean is our new routine
Your safety is our top priority. The City of Edmonton wants to ensure you have a positive experience at our recreation centres as we work to offer opportunities for you to keep active during the pandemic.
Here’s what we are doing to ensure your safety:
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning protocols
- The frequency of cleaning will be increased on all high-touch areas, and there will be 15-minute breaks between individual fitness time slots and between each fitness program to allow for cleaning
- A full deep clean of every open facility will take place every evening
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and available in multiple locations throughout each facility
- Fitness centre equipment and individual spots in group fitness areas in each facility have been spaced out to maintain a 3-metre distance
- The availability of some equipment will be reduced to ensure appropriate distancing between patrons
- Items that are not considered safe to share at this point (for example: TRX, cable attachments with cloth parts, resistance bands, or dynamax balls) have been removed
- Indoor tracks are not available for walking or running as they are used to help with spacing out equipment to ensure the safety of all patrons
- Signage throughout facilities will assist you in having a safe and enjoyable experience
- Signage leading into facilities will remind you of public health guidelines and the need to have a time booked for entry
- Signage is also in place in fitness centres to help you understand what is a low-intensity activity. Staff are available for guidance as well.
- Staff will be provided with personal protective equipment appropriate for their task. All staff will wear masks or face coverings.