After you call 311, the City takes these steps to help with your issue:
- A file is created specifying your concerns
- A Municipal Enforcement Officer (MEO) opens an investigation
- The officer investigates your complaint within 4 business days
- The MEO may issue a warning notice with directions to remedy the problem within a specified time frame or issue a $100 fine immediately, depending on the circumstances
- The officer may issue an order, which allows the City to fix the problem and bill the property owner for the cost
- The City may contact you to appear as a witness if the matter goes to court
Tickets will be issued to business owners if walks are not cleared around the property as indicated in the Community Standards Bylaw.