Snow and ice alternative parking options provide parking options for Edmontonians in select stalls or lots during Phase 2 of the citywide parking ban.
Approximately 115 individual stalls and 20 full lots are currently available.
Alternative parking locations include select City facilities, parks and Edmonton Public Library (EPL) locations with excess parking whose use does not impact daily operations. A full list of current locations is available on the snow clearing map. Locations will be expanded over time.
Key program points:
- Stalls are first-come, first-served
- Stalls are not exclusively reserved for participants of the program; facility users can park in these spaces, if desired
- Vehicles and contents are left at own risk; no liability is assumed by the facility or the City
- Powered stalls are not provided
- Only stalls marked with a Green P and snowflake icon, can be used during this time, vehicles parked in other stalls may be subject to enforcement
Parking Enforcement Paused
When stalls are in use, parking enforcement activities (warnings, tickets, tows), will be paused. This pause only applies to the marked stalls, and only for the duration that parking is restricted in the neighbourhood around the facility.
Stalls Will be Cleared of Ice and Snow
Stalls participating in this program are cleared by City of Edmonton crews (or contractors) during Phase 1 of a parking ban (these lots are a higher priority for clearing). If snowfall continues or restarts, the stalls will continue to be maintained by crews, with spot checks occurring as needed.