Don't Skip The Chip is back! Help us improve our 16% return to owner rate for cats!
In six months of our 2018 pilot we were able to chip over 450 cats and 65% of those cats are new licence holders! Microchips allow us to quickly identify owners and connect them with their pets, but they also allow veterinary clinics to reunite pets without ever having to come to our facility! These licence fees will be used to care for over 4,000 cats that come to our facility each year and continue to provide funding for low income spay/neuter programs. A win-win for owners, cats and our facility!
Due to the need and success of this pilot, the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association has once again extended our medical licence, so we can offer this program throughout 2019. For 2019, your cat licence now includes a microchip.
Here is how it works:
- Call 311 to book an appointment
- Bring your crated cat to 13550 163 St NW at your scheduled time
- Show government issued ID and proof of ownership (vet records, adoption contracts, emails showing animal transfer)
- Purchase a cat license for $21 (fixed) or $76 (intact) if needed
- Wait a couple minutes while we complete the procedure
- Head home to love on your newly ID'd kitty