Senior annual passes are valid from April 1, 2021 until March 31, 2022. Passes need to be mailed because the Edmonton Service Centre remains closed due to COVID-19. Passes will be available starting February 1, and will be mailed in March (or later, if you apply later in 2021).
There are three different categories for senior annual passes, based on your individual income.
- Regular annual pass (income above $33,034).
Pass is $385.
- Low income annual pass (Tier 2) (income between $29,071 and $33,033).
Pass is $139.
- Low income annual pass (Tier 1) (income below $29,070).
Pass is free.
Starting February 1, first time applicants must fill out and submit this application form, along with proof of residency, proof of age, current mailing address, and proof of income (if you are applying for either of the low income annual passes). Proof of income documents are listed below.
There are two ways to submit copies of your documentation:
- By mailing documentation to the Edmonton Service Centre, 2nd floor, 10111 104 Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5J 0J4.
- By emailing scanned copies (or photos) of documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your submission has been reviewed, and payment has been received (if applicable), your pass will be mailed to the address you provided on your application form.
There are two ways to pay for your senior annual pass:
- By mailing a cheque, along with your documentation, to the Edmonton Service Centre, 2nd floor, 10111 104 Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5J 0J4.
- By calling 780-423-7433 (Monday-Friday; 8am-4:30pm) and paying by credit card, VISA Debit, Debit Mastercard, or prepaid VISA/Mastercard.
Proof of Income
A copy of one of the following must be included to be eligible for either of the low income annual passes:
- 2019 or 2020 T4A (OAS) (if box 21, net supplement paid, shows any amount above zero).
- Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) letter of eligibility from the Government of Canada.
- 2019 or 2020 Notice of Assessment (line 15000, taxable individual income must be below $33,033).
- Permanent Resident or a refugee (to qualify, you must have been in Canada less than one year and have not filed a tax return).
- Proof of government Employment Insurance (EI) being received in past three months.
- A copy of your Health Benefits Card within the last three months showing receipt of Income Support benefits.
Personal information is collected for the purpose of applying for an ETS Seniors Annual Pass and will be used to determine eligibility. Collection is authorized under section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act and is managed and protected in accordance with the Act. The documents you submit will be destroyed after verification.
For questions about the collection, please contact email@example.com