Main page content begins here

ETS customers 65 years of age or older are eligible to pay a reduced rate for ETS fare products. However the regular cash fare rate applies to all customers regardless of age. Regular cash fare is required unless ETS fare product is used (Senior Ticket, Senior Monthly Pass or Annual Pass, or a Day Pass).

Edmonton seniors eligible for Disabled Adult Transit Service (DATS) now have greater flexibility in travel options with affordable fares. Starting February 1, all senior tickets,  monthly and annual passes will be accepted on DATS when used by registered DATS riders. On the back of Senior Annual Passes it will say it's not available on DATS, because these passes were printed prior to the change. However, the Senior Annual Pass is still accepted on DATS. 


Current Fares. Please see the Fares Pricing List for the current cost of fare products.

ETS Senior monthly passes and tickets are available at all regular ETS sales outlets in the city, including the Edmonton Service Centre. Senior passes and tickets can also be purchased through the ETS online store. Fare product is mailed directly to your home.

Senior Tickets

Tickets are discounted when purchased in strips of ten and can be purchased at any ETS Fare Outlet or Ticket Vending Machine.

NOTE: Youth and Seniors are offered the same discount on tickets. Youth/Senior tickets are only valid for use by patrons 17 years or under, or 65 years and over. Proof of age may be required by transit staff when using a Youth/Senior ticket.

Senior Monthly Pass

Senior Monthly passes are sold at all ETS Fare Outlets, and are valid for one month of travel on regular service. Proof of age must be presented to transit staff upon request, by any person using a Senior Monthly Pass.

Annual Pass

Senior Annual Pass

  • Residents of Edmonton, 65 years of age and older qualify for a Senior Annual Pass. Annual passes are non-transferable.
  • Passes can be used for unlimited travel on all Edmonton Transit buses, the LRT and DATS (for registered DATS users). These passes are NOT accepted on the route 747 with service to Edmonton International Airport, or Strathcona County vehicles.
  • The Senior Annual Pass can only be purchased at the Edmonton Service Centre, both in person or through the mail.
  • Payment can be made by cheque or money order, made payable to the City of Edmonton.
  • Senior Annual Passes are valid from April 1 of the current year until March 31 of the next year. 
  • Passes go on sale each year at the begining of March and are sold until December. They are not prorated regardless of when they are purchased.

First Time Applicants

First time applicants must apply in person at the Edmonton Service Centre in Edmonton Tower and bring the following information:

  • Proof of age 65 years or older (Alberta ID, Driver’s License or Health Care card, passport or permanent resident card)
  • Proof of residency (Alberta ID or Driver’s License, addressed mail from a government agency or utility company)

Low Income Annual Pass

Seniors in receipt of the Federal Government Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) are eligible to purchase a low income annual pass. Proof of receipt of this benefit is required for first time applicants only.

Please provide a copy of one of the following:

  • T4AOAS
  • Letter of acceptance for receipt of the Federal Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
  • Declaration signed by a commissioner of oath stating applicant’s individual taxable income does not exceed $17,544.

Renew Senior Annual Pass by Mail

Any senior who purchased an annual pass the previous year will receive a renewal form at the end of February by mail reminding them to renew their annual pass. This renewal form, along with a cheque or money order made payable to the City of Edmonton, can be returned to ETS in the postage-paid envelope provided. The new annual pass will be sent within one to two weeks of the application being received provided it is complete.

If a renewal letter is not received, the Seniors Annual Pass can still be renewed by mail with the following information:

  • A cheque or money order made payable to the City of Edmonton for the cost of the pass;
  • Full name;
  • Address;
  • Phone number;
  • Date of birth.

Mail your payment and information to:

Senior Annual Pass Program
2nd Floor, Edmonton Tower
10111 104 Avenue
T5J 0J4

Mobility Issues

Seniors with mobility issues can send a representative on their behalf. The representative must provide a consent letter and the previous year’s Seniors Annual Pass in order to purchase a new pass.


Please call 311 with any further questions.

How do I apply for a Senior Annual pass?

Applicants 65 years of age or older residing in Edmonton automatically qualify for a $132.50 senior annual pass.

Must have at least one of the following for proof of age:

  • Driver’s license
  • Alberta Government identification card
  • Alberta Health Care card
  • Permanent Resident card

Must have proof of residency such as:

  • Driver’s license
  • Documentation containing a name and Edmonton address (bank statements, utility bills, phone bills)

To quality for the  Low Income $57.50 ETS Pass

  • T4OAS (T4 slips for seniors in receipt of old age security) if box 21 shows any amount (net supplement paid)
  • Official letter of qualification for the Federal Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
  • Declaration signed by a commissioner of oath stating applicant’s individual taxable income does not exceed $17,544

Offices to Obtain Qualifying Information From:

When can I buy my Seniors Annual Pass?

Passes go on sale during the first week of March but you can purchase it throughout the year. There is no prorated cost for the Seniors Annual Pass. It will remain the same cost, no matter what point in the year you purchase the pass.

Where can I buy my Senior Annual Pass?

Starting March 1, 2017, you can buy it at the Edmonton Service Centre located at 10111 104 Avenue.

Do I have to come in person to the Edmonton Service Centre?

Seniors must come in person to the Edmonton Service Centre at 10111 104 Ave the first time they apply for an annual pass. If you are not able to come in person, you can send someone to apply on your behalf. That person will be required to bring your government-issued identification and any required supporting documents. Once qualified, a renewal form will be mailed to the senior in all subsequent years.

Any senior who has purchased an annual pass will be sent a renewal form in early March the following year. The senior can either mail the form and payment back to the Edmonton Service Centre to receive their new annual pass or come in person with the form. Supporting documents are required for first time applicants only. 

Do I have to wait for my taxes?

No.  If you are a returning annual pass customer, we only require the previous year’s pass. If you are applying for the Low Income Pass for the first time, please bring your T4OAS or the letter of acceptance for the Federal Guaranteed Income Supplement. These documents are only required the first time you get your pass.

If a pass is purchased after April 1, is there a discount applied?

Prorated fares do not apply to any ETS product. The Senior Annual pass always takes effect on April 1 to March 31 every year. If you buy your pass a month or months after April, you do not get a discount.

If you are eligible for the Seniors Annual Pass and you purchase it anytime before July, it will be less expensive than purchasing monthly passes for the remainder of the year.

If you are eligible for the Low Income Seniors Annual Pass and you purchase it anytime before December, it will be less expensive than purchasing monthly passes for the remainder of the year. Senior Annual Passes are not available for sale in January and February.

What do I do if I never received my Senior Pass Renewal form or my pass in the mail?

Fill out the following form to request your Senior Pass Renewal letter or report your pass as missing in the mail. 

What do I do if I lose my monthly/annual bus pass?

Please contact ETS Lost and Found at 780-496-1622. If your pass is not found and returned to ETS, a new pass can be purchased from the Edmonton Service Centre. You will be required to pay the full, original price of the pass. Passes are not prorated.

If you find your original pass after you purchase a replacement pass, passes can be partially refunded at the Edmonton Service Centre, along with the receipt. We will refund you the cost of the pass, minus $9.50 per day from the date you purchased the monthly pass. This is not an immediate refund, as your request will need to be processed by the finance department. The difference will be issued to you via cheque.

I want to change my address/phone number?

You can change or update your information using our online form

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content