Clean Air Day is an annual occasion for celebrating clean air and reflecting on how our individual and collective actions contribute to air quality.
It's happening Wednesday June 6, 2018!
Make your way to City Hall to learn about a technology and light installation that brings together Edmonton's Smart City and Healthy City initiatives. Curious? Don't miss the unveiling at a free public event from noon to 12:30pm on Wednesday June 6.
Clean air is something we should be working towards every day. Here are some tips on how you can support clean air:
- Be informed about the air quality in Edmonton by checking the Air Quality Health Index (AQHI).
- Be Idle Free - Idling your vehicle not only wastes gasoline (and therefore, money), it also causes needless pollution and can be damaging to your vehicle. Protect your wallet and your health - be aware of your idling habits.
- Traffic can be a big headache. Lessen the traffic by using alternative modes of transportation. Walk, bike or try taking Edmonton Transit instead of driving. Edmonton Transit is committed to offering environmentally-friendly transportation. Just one bus can replace about 50 private cars on the road!
- Plant a tree in your community.
- Learn about how you can contribute to improving at home, school and work.
- Encourage your organization to become a member of the .
- Participate in Wheel Week, June 3-9, by cycling, rollerblading, scootering or skateboarding to your destination! Register with SHAPE Alberta.
Get more environmentally friendly tips!