Clean air is something we should be working towards every day. Here are some tips on how you can support clean air:
- Learn more about air quality in Edmonton: for current data, see Air Quality Health Index (AQHI).
- Be Idle Free: idling your vehicle not only wastes gasoline (and therefore, money), it also causes needless pollution and can be damaging to your vehicle. Protect your wallet and your health - be aware of your idling habits.
- Traffic can be a big headache. Lessen the traffic by using alternative modes of transportation. Walk, bike or try taking Edmonton Transit instead of driving. Edmonton Transit is committed to offering environmentally-friendly transportation. Just 1 bus can replace about 50 private cars on the road.
- Plant a tree in your community.
- Learn about how you can contribute to improving indoor and outdoor air quality at home, school and work.
- If you're a grade 5 teacher, check out Inside Education's air quality scavenger hunt and design challenge for your class.
- Encourage your organization to become a member of the Alberta Capital Airshed.
Get more environmentally friendly tips!