The following guidelines apply at all City of Edmonton fitness centres; however some facilities may have more specific rules for their amenities.
Entry to Facility
- Orientations to the facility are available if requested.
- All patrons must pay admission, present their coupon, or scan their pass at the cash counter prior to entering the swimming pool, fitness centre or other amenities.
- Persons under the influence of intoxicants will not be allowed into the facility. Consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs on the premises is not permitted.
- Please do not visit the facility if you are suffering from a cold, flu, bacterial or viral infection, communicable disease or severe skin condition.
- Alert staff if you have any medical problems such as a heart condition, epilepsy, and so on.
- Animals are not allowed inside the building, unless they are a Certified Assistive Animal, or they are participating in a designated pet therapy program.
- No skateboarding, in-line skating or cycling allowed within the facility.
- Smoking is not permitted in any City of Edmonton building.
- Use of PDAs, cameras and other recording devices is restricted in City of Edmonton Recreation Facilities. With staff permission, these devices are permitted for taking photos in public areas such as the pool, lobby, arena, gymnasium, courts, class rooms, and party rooms. You must also have the permission of those who may be recognizable in the photos.
Change Rooms and Washrooms
- Finish eating and drinking before you enter the change room. Please use the garbage bins provided.
- No glass containers are allowed in the change rooms.
- Remove shoes before entering the change rooms.
- No spitting.
- Physical exercise can create body odour that can be offensive to others. Similarly, excessive amounts of scented hygiene products, perfumes or colognes can trigger allergies in other patrons. Please be considerate of other users when practicing your personal hygiene.
- Protect your belongings by securing them in a locker. Small lockers are available in the lobby of facilities for your wallet, keys or jewellery. We recommend that you do not bring any valuables into the facility.
- Please turn off and store cell phones, PDAs, cameras, and other recording devices when using change rooms or washrooms. Taking pictures within change rooms or washrooms is against the law.
Fitness Centres and Tracks
The City of Edmonton is committed to creating safe, healthy, vibrant spaces. In promoting shared, positive, fitness and recreation experiences we ask all participants to observe the principles of safety, respect and courtesy. Staff reserve the right, at their sole discretion to assess and evaluate adherance to guidelines.
- A proof of payment wristband is required and can be purchased at the front desk.
- The following age guidelines apply to the fitness centre and track:
- Children aged 0-5 are not permitted on the track, unless in a stroller, and are not permitted in the fitness centre.
- Children aged 6-11 are permitted on the track if they are actively supervised by an individual aged 16 or older and are not permitted in the fitness centre.
- Youth aged 12-15 are permitted to use the track if they are actively supervised by an individual 16 yrs or older.
- Youth aged 12-15 are permitted on the track and in the fitness centre independently only after having completed the Youth in Action program.
- Strollers are only permitted on the track and not permitted in the fitness centre, fitness nooks and stretching areas.
- All clothing must be:
- Clean and free of odors that may impact the experience of other users.
- Free of inappropriate/offensive graphics or language.
- Free of attachments such as buckles/velcro/snaps that might damage equipment.
- Appropriate to the fitness/recreation environment/amenity being used, and not be overly revealing (for example, midriff tee shirts/tank tops and sports bras designed for fitness use are permitted).
- Clean and dry fitness appropriate shoes which fully enclose the foot are required; bare feet, open toed shoes, sport sandals, socks are not permitted.
- These are scent free environments.
- Return equipment to the original storage location after use.
- Use of equipment is on a first-come, first-served basis, however, please show courtesy to other users by allowing others to "work in" while you are resting.
- Fitness equipment cannot be reserved.
- Collars must be used to hold weight plates in place on bars.
- Use the equipment as it was designed; do not attach any chains, ropes, or other items as they can overload and damage the equipment, and create a safety hazard for other users.
- Wipe down equipment after use using the wipes provided.
- Chalk is permitted; excess chalk is to be cleaned up immediately following use.
- Immediately report any vandalism or faulty equipment to facility staff.
- Do not bring bags, jackets and other personal items into the fitness centre or track as they can pose a safety hazard for other users; please use lockers provided.
- Equipment specific bags (such as weightlifting accessories) are permitted at staff discretion.
The following actions and items are not permitted:
- Taking photos or video without staff permission.
- Dropping and/or slamming of weights and inappropriate use of equipment.
- Use of equipment that is in need of repair.
- Open or glass containers; drinks must be in a re-sealable bottle or container.
- Food of any type.
Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy!