Environmentally Friendly Snow Removal Practices
The City takes snow removed from roads to one of Edmonton's snow storage facilities.
- All Facilities are governed by provincial and federal environmental regulations.
- Melt water ponds have liners to protect ground water and soil from contaminants like salt, sand, antifreeze and engine oil.
- Snow storage facilities are open to the public.
- Trucks must adhere to the Truck Route network.
- If the facility cannot be reached directly from a Truck Route, take the most direct road off the nearest Truck Route.
North Side Snow Storage Facilities
|184 Street - 107 Avenue (Poundmaker)||Closed|
|West Side 50 Street and South of Highway 37
25104-50 Street (Horsehills)
South Side Snow Storage Facilities
|156 Street - Ellerslie Road||Open|
|17 Street - N/ Whitemud (approx. 52 Avenue)||Closed|