Construction update - April 2023
Neighbourhood renewal work will resume in Pleasantview the week of April 25, weather permitting.
The planned construction area for 2023 is 106 Street to 110 Street, from 51 Avenue to 61 Avenue, and will include the reconstruction of roads, sidewalks, curbs and gutters and new streetlights. In addition, we will be completing:
- Boulevard tree plantings along 52 Avenue, 104A Street, 55 Avenue, Allard Way and 105 Street in summer 2023
- 111 Street shared pathway
- Improvements to the following open spaces in the neighbourhood:
- Angus Murray Park
- Pocket park (60 Avenue between 106 and 107 Street)
- Pocket park (61 Avenue and 105B Street)
- Pocket park (105 Street between 54 and 55 Avenue)
- Pocket park (105A Street between 53 and 53A Avenue)
- Mount Pleasant Park
- 61 Avenue green space between 109 Street and 111 Street
- Sod deficiencies - we will be inspecting in June and replacing any deficient sod in July
If you live in the construction area, you will receive an additional construction notice that provides more information on what to expect during construction prior to work beginning.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we completed another successful year of Neighbourhood Renewal construction. Construction in Pleasantview began in spring 2022 and is expected to take 2 years.
Neighbourhood renewal in Pleasantview is progressing on time and on budget.