Construction Update - November 2022
Neighbourhood Renewal construction in Calder has wrapped up for the 2022 construction season!
2022 construction began in May and was finished the 4th week of October. The 2022 construction season was a success and we completed all planned construction including:
- The reconstruction of roads, sidewalks, curbs and gutters in the 2022 construction area of 117 Street to 121 Street and 127 Avenue to 132 Avenue
- The construction of a new shared use path along 129 Avenue
- The construction of a new plaza in front of the businesses on 129 Avenue between 119 Street and 120 Street
- The reconstruction of sidewalks within Calder Memorial Park and Keyano Park
- The construction of Low Impact Development (LID) in the median islands of 127 Avenue Service Road from 113A Street to 115 Street
There are some areas in the 2022 construction area that still require sod. The landscaping subcontractor will complete landscaping work once sod becomes available, typically at the end of May. By waiting until spring, sod is more likely to establish. The construction of new street lighting will also be completed in 2023.
Neighbourhood renewal construction will resume in Calder around the first week of May 2023, weather permitting. The planned scope for 2023 will include 122 Street to 127 Street from 127 Avenue to 132 Avenue. Prior to work resuming, construction notifications will be delivered to impacted residences.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we completed another successful year of Neighbourhood Renewal construction. Construction in Calder began in 2021 and is expected to take 3 years (2023).
Neighbourhood renewal in Calder is progressing on time and on budget.