A planning application has been submitted to rezone land at 8709 118 Street NW. The applicant’s name for the project is Windsor Terrace.
The proposed rezoning is from a Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2) to a Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2).
The current Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2) allows for a mid-rise mixed use building (approximately 9 storeys) with commercial and residential components.
The proposed Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2) allows for a larger mixed use building with commercial and residential components. Key characteristics of the proposed zone include:
- A maximum height of 34 metres (approximately 11 storeys)
- A maximum density of 120 units
- A maximum Floor Area Ratio of 5.8
- Ground level commercial uses facing 87 Avenue NW
- Ground level commercial and residential uses facing 118 Street
- Underground and surface parking with access from the east-west and north-south lanes
Thanks for Your Feedback
From February 16-March 9, 2021, feedback was collected for this application through the City’s online virtual engagement tool, in lieu of an in-person engagement session. Feedback will be summarized in the report to City Council when the proposed rezoning goes to a future City Council Public Hearing for a decision.
What We Heard Report
City Council Approval Date: May 18, 2021
Reference File Number: LDA20-0378
Planner: Email Stuart Carlyle or call 780-496-6068