A planning application (map) has been received for properties at 10143 and 10145 Clifton Place NW.
There is a proposed rezoning from an existing Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2.959) to 2 new Site Specific Development Control (DC2) provisions. The existing DC2 provides regulations for three areas (A, B and C) along the southwest side of Clifton Place. The proposed revisions are for Area A only. Areas B and C would remain as is with
to remove Area A, rename the sites to Area A and B, and update terminology to match current Zoning Bylaw standards.
maintains the following existing regulations for a residential tower:
- A maximum height of 55 metres
- A maximum Floor Area Ratio of 3.0
- A maximum 55 dwellings
- A maximum tower floor plate of 650 square meters; and
- Community amenity contribution to remain as currently approved with minor revisions (see below)
The proposed revisions to the DC2 are summarized as follows:
- Removal of row housing style dwellings at ground level fronting Clifton Place
- Adjusting tower outline to remove the podium component
- Revising the site layout to move the building further north on the lot; and
- Updating text to current Zoning Bylaw standards for landscaping and sustainable design
The existing community contributions, which are proposed to be maintained, include the provision for:
- The development of a trail and viewpoint behind the property, connecting through the public park located to the northwest of the site (currently approved for development)
- A public access easement to allow for the future connection of the trail and viewpoint to Clifton Place along the southeast property line
- Minimum $46,000 for public art; and
Addition from the current requirement:
- Provide upgrades to the pedestrian connection between Jasper Avenue/125 Street and Clifton Place
The City is looking for your feedback on this proposal, including thoughts on the public amenity contribution component, which is a required part of this application.
Thank You for Your Feedback
Edmontonians were invited to share their feedback on this proposed rezoning from June 28-July 19, 2021 through the City’s online virtual engagement tool.
Input from Edmontonians will be used to ensure the review of the application takes local context into consideration and is as complete as possible. Feedback will also be summarized in the report to City Council when the proposed rezoning goes to a future City Council Public Hearing for a decision.
Architectural drawing of the entry of the proposed development.
Council Approval Date: September 8, 2021
Reference File Number: LDA21-0159
Planner: Email Heather Vander Hoek or call 780-423-7495