A planning application has been received for a rezoning and plan amendment for a site at 14915 Stony Plain Road NW.
The application proposes to rezone the site from Low Intensity Business Zone (CB1) to Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2). The proposed Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2) zoning would allow for development of a mixed-use, high-density Transit-Oriented Development.
The proposal includes:
- A wide range of commercial uses, up to 15,000 sq. m (162,000 sq. ft), similar to the current commercial use of the site
- Up to 1,000 residential units in a mix of high and medium-rise buildings, as well as row housing
- Floor Area Ratio of 2.5 (increased from 2.0 currently)
- Opportunities for mixed use buildings up to 30 metres (approximately 10 storeys) in height
- Opportunities for residential towers up to 90 metres in height (approximately 30 storeys) on the north side of the site
- establishing internal roads through the site
An associated application has been made to amend the Jasper Place Area Redevelopment Plan to facilitate the rezoning. This would allow for the increased height in proximity to the planned LRT stop on the Valley Line West LRT expansion.
This rezoning will follow a modified process developed between City Planning and the Applicant (Stantec, on behalf of RioCan REIT). Pre-application consultation, including a public open house, was conducted by the applicant in November 2018.
Pre-Application Consultation Documents
Share Your Feedback
Edmontonians are invited to a drop-in engagement session to learn more about a proposed rezoning at 14915 Stony Plain Road.
Date: Tuesday October 29, 2019
Time: 6–8pm (drop-in, no formal presentation)
Location: West End Christian Reformed Church, 10015 149 Street NW
The engagement session will be an opportunity to learn more about the proposal and share your views with the City and the applicant. Feedback will be summarized in the report to City Council when the proposed rezoning goes to a future Public Hearing for a decision.
City Council Public Hearing Date: To be determined
Reference File Number: LDA19-0111