A planning application (map) has been received for a rezoning and plan amendment for a site at 14915 Stony Plain Road NW.
The application proposes to rezone the site from Low Intensity Business Zone (CB1) to Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2). The proposed Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2) zoning would allow for development of a mixed-use, high-density Transit-Oriented Development.
The proposal includes:
- A wide range of commercial uses, up to 15,000 sq. m (162,000 sq. ft) similar to the existing amount
- Up to 1,000 residential units in a mix of high and medium-rise buildings, as well as row housing
- A new configuration of blocks laid out by an urban street grid
- Open spaces and plazas
- Several towers with a maximum height of 25 storeys, and lower
- Floor Area Ratio of 2.5 (increased from 2.0 currently)
An associated application has been made to amend the Jasper Place Area Redevelopment Plan to facilitate the rezoning. This would allow for the increased height in proximity to the planned LRT stop on the Valley Line West LRT expansion.
This rezoning will follow a modified process developed between City Planning and the Applicant (Stantec, on behalf of RioCan REIT). Pre-application consultation, including a public open house, was conducted by the applicant in November 2018.
Pre-Application Consultation Documents
City Council Public Hearing Date: To be determined
Reference File Number: LDA19-0111
Planner: Email Sean Lee or call 780-496-6121 for more information