Skip to main content
Thorncliff Planning Applications
Main page content begins here
Planning applications received by the City in the Thorncliff neighbourhood.
There are no recent planning applications in this neighbourhood.
8616 175 Street NW, 8620 175 Street NW, and 8624 175 Street NW
has been approved for properties at 8616 175 Street NW, 8620 175 Street NW, and 8624 175 Street NW.
The current zone is Single Detached Residential Zone (RF1). The proposed zone is Neighbourhood Convenience Commercial Zone (CNC).
The proposed CNC Zone will allow for the development of convenience commercial and personal service uses intended to serve the day-to-day needs of residents and may include the following uses:
- Convenience retail stores
- Health services
- Personal services shops
- Professional and office support services
- Specialty food services
- Bars and neighbourhood pubs
- Child care services
- Drive-in food services
- Multi-unit housing (only above commercial uses)
Council Approval Date: Monday January 23, 2023
Reference File Number: LDA22-0500
Planner: Email Vivian Gamache or call 780-944-0122 for more information
Request to Speak at a Council or Committee Meeting
Agendas are available approximately 3 weeks before the public hearing date. Anyone who wishes to speak at a public hearing can register online or call the City Clerk’s office at 780-496-8178.
Planning Applications in Other Neighbourhoods
For information on all current and recent planning applications across other neighbourhoods in Edmonton, visit Planning Applications.
Using City Maps Tool for Zoning Information
The maps.edmonton.ca tool provides information on in-progress rezoning applications received before April 1, 2017.
To use it, follow these steps:
- Go to maps.edmonton.ca, and select "Zoning” from the menu
- Navigate to an area on the map or enter an address to search
- In the top right legend, select the green checkbox for “In progress rezoning applications”
- Information like the application date, status and a link to the current (more detailed) document(s) is shown in the box at the bottom of the page