A planning application (map) has been received for the rezoning of a property at 8301 99 Street NW. The proposed zoning is for a new Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2) that is similar to the existing DC2 Provision, but with the following changes:
- Maximum number of dwellings increased from 22 to 29
- Floor Area Ratio increased from 3.0 to 3.2
- Added requirement for a minimum amount of commercial floor area of 90 sq. m
- Minor adjustments to setbacks of the building from lot lines
- Reduction/removal of some stepbacks of building facades.
The maximum building height of 23.0 m has not been changed.
An associated application has also been made to amend the Strathcona Area Redevelopment Plan to remove the requirement for the building to have a stepback above the third storey, and instead use building articulations and colour contrast to reduce the perceived building mass of a six-storey building on this site, and add visual interest to the streetscape.
City Council Public Hearing Date: To be determined.
Reference File Number: LDA19-0266
Planner: Email Andrew McLellan or call 780-496-2939 for more information.