A planning application has been received for an area near 812 99 Street NW in the Riverview area.
This application has 2 components.
Grandisle Neighbourhood Removal
The first component is an
Riverview Area Structure Plan (ASP). The amendment to the Riverview ASP proposes the dissolution of the Grandisle (Neighbourhood 4) Neighbourhood Structure Plan, which is currently not guided by an approved Neighbourhood Structure Plan (NSP), into the River's Edge NSP and future White Birch NSP area.
The proposed amendment affects 193.31 hectares of land within the Riverview ASP, with 104.99 hectares consolidated within the River's Edge NSP and the remaining 88.32 hectares of land consolidated within the future White Birch NSP area.
The following changes are proposed for the Riverview ASP:
- Updates to the figures to reflect the revised neighbourhood configurations
- Updates to the text to reflect the revised neighbourhood configurations
- Updates to the land use and population statistics to reflect the above-listed changes
River's Edge Neighbourhood Structure Plan (NSP) Amendment
The second component includes an
River's Edge Neighbourhood Structure Plan. The proposed amendment to the River’s Edge NSP seeks to consolidate approximately 105 hectares of land from the Grandisle NSP area into the River’s Edge NSP.
As a result of this consolidation, the following amendments are proposed to be incorporated within the River’s Edge NSP:
- 44.30 additional hectares of low-density residential development
- 1.61 additional hectares of medium-density residential development
- 1.61 hectares of high-density residential development, which is proposed as a new land use designation within the River’s Edge NSP
- 24.40 additional hectares of existing country residential development
- 1 additional pocket park
- 1 additional urban village park
- 2 additional stormwater management facilities totalling 6.0 hectares
- 0.78 hectares of Natural Area, which is proposed as a new land use designation within the River’s Edge NSP
- 4.52 hectares of potential wetland, which is proposed as a new land use designation within the River’s Edge NSP
Share Your Feedback
Feedback is being collected for this application through the City’s online virtual engagement tool from January 10-24. Feedback will be used to make sure the City's review of the application takes local context into consideration and is as complete as possible, as well as to help inform conversations with the applicant about potential revisions to address concerns or opportunities raised.
Feedback will also be summarized in the report for City Council so that they are aware of the public’s perspectives prior to making a decision at a future Public Hearing.
Council Public Hearing Date: To be determined
Reference File Number: LDA21-0355
Planner: Email Luke Cormier or call 780-496-7370