A planning application (map) has been received for a property at 10841 135 Street NW.
This DC2 zoning would allow for a four-storey apartment building. Following the public meeting, the proposed DC2 has been revised and the following changes have been made:
- The proposed commercial area has been reduced to a single unit with a maximum floor area of 130 m2.
- The proposed types of commercial have been further limited, and General Retail, Government Services, Bars and Pubs, Private Clubs, Digital Signs, and Temporary Signs uses have all been removed.
- A clause has been added to allow the commercial space to be converted to either residential or amenity space, to provide additional flexibility if a suitable tenant cannot be found.
- Dwelling units have been increased from 28 to 35 units, to offset the decrease in commercial area. Height remains the same.
- Parking has been adjusted to provide a total of 36 stalls.
- The public art community contribution has been removed in favour of a second required family-friendly unit, based on feedback.
Public Engagement Session
Edmontonians were invited to a drop-in engagement session on Tuesday June 18, 2019 for the proposed rezoning of 10841 135 Street.
The session provided an opportunity to learn more about the proposed rezoning and share feedback with the City and the applicant. Feedback will be summarized in a report to City Council when the proposed rezoning goes to Public Hearing.
City Council Public Hearing Date: To be determined
Reference File Number: LDA19-0013
Planner: Email Sarah Ramey or call 780-496-6214 for more information.