About The Application
This application has been revised since it was first received by the City on February 21, 2020.
The initial rezoning proposal was for lots located at 11416 and 11419 78 Avenue NW to allow for 2 (two) 4-storey low rise residential buildings. As a result of the City’s review and public feedback, the applicant has decided to revise their proposal and include lots located at 11420 and 11423 78 Avenue NW to allow for a development with 2 mid-rise residential buildings with the following features:
- A maximum height of 23.0 metres, approximately 7 storeys (previously 14.5 metres, approximately 4 storeys)
- Up to 71 residential dwellings per building (previously 55 dwellings per building)
- A maximum Floor Area Ratio of 4.0 (previously 2.45)
- Facade ‘stepbacks’ for storeys above 14.5 metres to reduce the perceived mass of a 7-storey building
- Community Amenity Contribution in the form of a public plaza between the new buildings
- Provisions for family-oriented dwellings
The application continues to include the proposed public open space between the buildings along 78 Avenue but will remain Road Right-of-Way (ROW), while the proposal seeks to close portions of 114 Street west of the LRT tracks, and a neighbouring north/south lane south of 78 Avenue between the site and LRT tracks.
New 6.0m wide (previously 5.0m) north/south lanes are proposed along the western boundaries of the revised area of application to provide connections to the remaining lanes and to provide access to the proposed development.
Area Redevelopment Plan Amendments
This application includes proposed amendments to the McKernan-Belgravia Station Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP) to amend current policies that do not support a development of this intensity at this location. Additional information for this associate proposal is included in the Proposed McKernan-Belgravia Station Redevelopment Plan.