A planning application has been received for properties at 11416, 11419, 11420 and 11423 78 Avenue NW.
This application has been revised since it was first received by the City on February 21, 2020.
The initial rezoning proposal was for lots located at 11416 and 11419 78 Avenue NW to allow for 2 (two) 4-storey low-rise residential buildings. As a result of the City’s review and public feedback, the applicant has decided to revise their proposal and include lots located at 11420 and 11423 78 Avenue NW to allow for a development with 2 mid-rise residential buildings with the following features:
- A maximum height of 23.0 metres, approximately 7 storeys (previously 14.5 metres, approximately 4 storeys)
- Up to 71 residential dwellings per building (previously 55 dwellings per building)
- A maximum Floor Area Ratio of 4.0 (previously 2.45)
- Facade ‘stepbacks’ for storeys above 14.5 metres to reduce the perceived mass of a 7-storey building
- Community Amenity Contribution in the form of a public plaza between the new buildings
- Provisions for family-oriented dwellings
The application also includes proposed road (lane) closures and an amendment to the McKernan-Belgravia Station Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP).
Thank You for Your Feedback
Edmontonians were invited to share their feedback on this proposed rezoning through the City’s online virtual engagement tool from August 16 to September 6, 2021.
Input from Edmontonians will be used to ensure the review of the application takes local context into consideration and is as complete as possible. Feedback will also be summarized in the report to City Council when the proposed rezoning goes to a future City Council Public Hearing for a decision.
Referred Back by Council Date: September 13, 2022
City Council Public Hearing Date: Tuesday December 6, 2022
Reference File Number: LDA20-0066
Planner: Email Marty Vasquez or call 780-495-1948 for more information.