A planning application (map) has been received for properties at 10619 Muttart Crossing NW; 10920, 10954 and 11030 84 Street NW; and 8450 and 8490 106A Avenue NW.
The application proposes to rezone the properties from an existing Direct Development Control Provision (DC1).to a revised
The purpose of the rezoning is to make administrative revisions to the existing Direct Development Control Provision (DC1) to align with current Zoning Bylaw standards, to update allowed uses and to revise the sign regulations for on-site signage within the subject properties.
A summary of changes includes the following:
- General Updates:
- Replacing Apartment Housing with newly defined Multi-Unit Housing
- Adding Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries to the list of allowed uses
- Updating the DC1 provisions to allow stand-alone commercial buildings fronting Muttart Crossing NW and the two public parks; and
- Administrative updates and formatting throughout
- Signage Updates:
- Adding Freestanding Signs and Major Digital On-Premises Signs to the list of allowed sign types; and
- Updating the DC1 provisions to allow signage programming specific to this development
Council Public Hearing Date: Tuesday August 17, 2021
Reference File Number: LDA21-0175
Planner: Email Mary Vasquez or call 780-495-1498