2019-22: Detailed design and construction - currently unfunded
2018: Schematic Design
- Concept Options: translating the program and public engagement feedback into two or three concept options
- Second round of public engagement
- Functional Program: confirmation of the program for Beaumaris Lake - understanding community needs, operational requirements and long-term goals and vision for the site
- Gathered public feedback from first round of public engagement
- Public Consultation - May 2016
The Beaumaris Lake Condition Assessment project took place from October 2015-October 2016
2013: Needs Assessment Stakeholder Interviews - Summer 2013
In 2016, the City completed a condition assessment of Beaumaris Lake which included the surrounding landscape, community amenities (open space) and the stormwater facility (lake). While the stormwater facility was confirmed to be functioning well in terms of flood protections and water quality enhancement, the assessment pointed to a need for rehabilitation of the surrounding landscaping and open spaces around the stormwater facility and adjacent park.
The objective of this first project phase is to develop a functional plan - essentially the long-term “vision” for the lake - which will be used to create concepts. Approved concepts will help to inform designs required for request in the next capital budget cycle.