Project Update - July 2021
Construction for the renewal of the Glengarry District Park is anticipated to start in August. Construction will be phased over 2 years. Project completion is anticipated to be in the fall of 2022.
The work includes:
- Redevelopment of three playground pods and the addition of a large playground shade structure
- Adding a fenced, off-leash dog park to the area
- Renewing the water play feature
- Renewing the existing trails in the park
- Replacing site furnishings including benches, picnic tables and waste bins
- Renewing the existing tennis courts and upgrading them so they can be used as tennis or pickleball courts
- Renewing sports fields including the ball diamond
- Naturalizing areas
- Tree removals and planting
Theshows the scope of the project.
Fencing will remain in designated work areas to ensure public safety. Please watch your mailbox for construction bulletins that will provide more information along with contact details for any concerns regarding landscaping and access.