Draft Plan Overview
The City of Edmonton has received a draft plan for a new neighbourhood area structure plan, currently referred to as Heritage Valley Neighbourhood 14. This neighbourhood is located in southwest Edmonton, east of Heritage Valley Trail SW and south of Ellerslie Road.
Neighbourhood Area Structure Plans (NASPs) describe the general pattern of development for new neighbourhoods. The policies of the NASP guide the next stages of development, including zoning, subdivision, infrastructure design and construction.
The proposed Heritage Valley Neighbourhood 14 NASP outlines:
- Type and location of residential, commercial and other land uses
- The general location of the proposed Provincial hospital
- A conceptual alignment of the future LRT extension and station
- Estimated population densities
- The location of major roads and utilities (water, storm and sanitary sewers)
- Future open spaces including parks, school sites, and natural areas
The draft Heritage Valley NASP Development Concept Map outlines the general layout of proposed land uses for the plan area.
The draft Heritage Valley NASP Detailed Figures includes information about utilities servicing.
The draft Heritage Valley NASP Neighbourhood Statistics includes land uses and planned population for the area.
Visit the project background page for information on the development of the NASP and public engagement activities.