This award recognzes project teams or individuals, who through their vision and creative initiatives, build accessible homes and buildings in Edmonton.
How to Nominate
Nomination deadline is Friday, March 3, 2017
- Complete the Accessible Homes and Buildings nomination form
- Include the required information listed below
- Send your nomination by mail, email or fax to:
Accessibility Advisory Committee
PO Box 2359
8th floor, CN Tower
Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7
Provide all information that is important to support why your nominee/nominees should receive this award including relevant facts not covered by the following questions.
- Provide a brief introduction to the project (identify size, scope, intended user group)
- Explain how the renovation or construction elements impact people with disabilities, that led to a more accessible home or building?
- Explain how the renovation or construction includes elements that exceed minimum code requirements of the Alberta Building Code (use of barrier free design guide).
- Explain how universal design principles were seamlessly integrated into the overall aesthetics of the environment.
- If the nominee consulted with potential user groups with disabilities during the design phase, was any feedback/outcomes of the consultation from persons with disabilities incorporated?
- Explain how the renovation or construction addresses the areas outlined in the ABSPD Checklist for Accessibility and Universal Design in Architecture (please include completed checklist).
- Is the building or home used by everyone?
- Is there any other information relevant to your submission that you would like to include in this nomination?