The Guiding Coalition for Public Engagement fulfills the mandate of the Council Initiative on Public Engagement by:
- Monitoring the City’s progress on delivering on its public engagement Action Plan through reports and performance measures
- Ensuring the perspectives of the Administration, our public and City Council remain forefront throughout the implementation
- Providing advice, feedback, and recommendations to City Administration as it plans and delivers public engagement processes and activities
The Coalition will report to Administration regularly, and to City Council twice a year.
The membership of the Guiding Coalition for Public Engagement consists of representation from City Administration and the public plus ex-officio members as follows:
- An Administrative Co-Chair and a Public Co-Chair.
- Maximum 10 City of Edmonton staff with involvement or interest in the implementation of the Council Initiative on Public Engagement and/or public engagement processes and activities.
- Minimum 10 members of the public who represent the diversity of the City of Edmonton.
- Adjunct Members representing the Engagement Branch, Director level or higher.
- Select Council Members who will not be members of the Coalition but who will act as liaisons with City Council.
- A Coalition Coordinator representing the Engagement Branch, Manager level or higher.
- A maximum of 20 members in total. Including the two co-chairs but not including adjunct members, the Coalition Coordinator or Council liaisons.
Members must be:
- A resident of the City of Edmonton or a City of Edmonton employee
- A minimum of 15 years of age
Recruitment of Members is done by Members, in accordance with the Guiding Coalition Recruitment Process which includes, but is not limited to, an application, interview and vetting process. Terms are 2 years in length, and begin in November.
Sub-committees of the Coalition may be created at the discretion of the Co-chairs in consultation with the members for the purposes of carrying out the Coalition’s mandate, implementing the work plan, and completing deliverables. Sub-committee members may be drawn from the membership of the Coalition, other City staff members or members of the general public.
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the application deadline if you would like to speak to a current Guiding Coalition member about our work, or the application process.
Interviews will take place during November 2019. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.