Nature’s Art Supplies
Use existing plants and plant materials in your yard and around your neighbourhood. Integrate these into your winterscape by building on or around trees and shrubs, and add plant materials as decorative features in winter scenes.
- Hang winter-themed ornaments or other features, such as bird feeders, on trees and shrubs
- Use plants as a feature in art or sculpture
- Grow plants with winter interest in your yard and garden such as evergreens, and plants that hold onto their fruits/seeds through the winter)
Grow plants with winter interest in your yard and garden such as evergreens, and plants that hold onto their fruits/seeds through the winter).
If collecting plant materials, please remember to be kind to nature and your neighbours:
- Try to collect items from the ground, instead of breaking/pulling parts from living plants
- Ask your neighbours before taking materials from their private property
- Only collect items in public places and parks where collection is allowed