What can be recycled? What goes to an Eco Station? What goes in the garbage? It's all here.
Download our What goes where guide for a convenient poster that will summarize what you can recycle, what goes into your garbage, and what you can take to Eco Stations.
All the materials listed below can be recycled in blue bags, blue bins and recycling depots. Please do not recycle anything that isn't listed. Improper items can jam machinery, damage equipment and increase the risk of staff injuries.
- Newspaper and inserts, magazines, catalogues
- White writing and computer paper
- Christmas cards, non-foil gift wrap
- Junk mail, paper bags, envelopes, paper egg cartons, paperback and hard cover books (remove hard cover), phone books
Please do not put shredded paper in your blue bag or bin, please take it to a Recycling Depot (in the low grade paper bin) or put it in your garbage.
- Flattened corrugated cardboard boxes
- Flattened cereal and food boxes (remove and discard liner)
- Juice boxes
- Milk cartons (rinse with cold water and flatten)
- Flattened shoe boxes and brown paper bags
- Pizza boxes are recyclable, but please remove the greasy layer
Metals (no loose lids, trap inside can or discard)
- Clean tin cans (soup, juice and so on)
- Aluminum containers (pie plates)
- Aluminum cans (beverages)
- Empty non-hazardous aerosol cans
Glass (empty and clean, remove lids and place separately in recycling)
- Jars (for example, pickle, jam)
- Bottles (for example, all beverages, ketchup)
Note: Jars and bottles only. No ceramics, plate glass or mirror.
Plastics (empty and clean, remove caps & lids and place separately in recycling)
- All types of plastic containers and bags
- Household cleaner bottles
- Shampoo and conditioner bottles (including similar personal care products)
- Vinegar bottles
- Plastic bags (all types including bread and dry cleaner bags)
- Pop and beverage bottles
- Milk jugs
- Detergent or fabric softener bottles
- Margarine and yogurt containers
- Ice cream pails (remove metal handle)
- Vitamin bottles
- Windshield washer containers