The City of Edmonton aims to divert 90% of residential waste from landfill. But in order to meet that goal, changes need to be made to our current waste services programs.
In fall 2019, City Council approved the 25-year Waste Strategy, which will change the way Edmontonians sort and manage waste. Learn more at edmonton.ca/futureofwaste.
Edmonton's waste system includes much more than waste collection. Other services include:
- Eco Stations to drop-off your household hazardous waste and e-waste
- A Reuse Centre, that accepts household items and makes them available for reuse
- Community recycling depots located throughout the city
- Big Bin events to drop off large items at no charge
- Assisted Waste collection for residents with mobility challenges
- Workshops and presentations to help residents reduce, reuse, recycle and compost
- Volunteering opportunities through the Master Composter Recycler program or the Reuse Centre
- Tours of the Edmonton Waste Management Centre
You can also learn more about current projects and initiatives in the