Using cutting edge processes and equipment, the 45,000 square foot Quantum Lifecycle facility processes more than 30,000 tonnes per year of old computers, televisions, and a wide range of electrical and electronic waste materials for recycling.
Processes and Equipment Used at the Facility
- Centrifugal Separation
- Plastics Shredder
- CRT Processing
- Chain Shredder
The facility is built and operated at the Edmonton Waste Management Centre by Quantum Lifecycle.
Quantum Lifecycle is a registered processor under Alberta's electronics program which is administered by Alberta Recycling Management Authority.
Items Accepted for Recycling
- Small kitchen appliances
- Audio and video equipment and televisions
- Personal care appliances (hair dryers, shavers)
- Other electrical household tools (vacuums, irons, floor polishers)
- Electrical power tools
- Telecommunications equipment (telephones, cell phones)
- Computer and home office equipment
- Computer components
- Photocopiers, fax machines and similar office electronics
- Industrial electrical tools
- Specialty equipment containing electrical motors, switches and other components with material value