The Age Friendly Edmonton Innovation Fund supports proposals for creative new projects that involve seniors, and build local communities that value, respect and actively support the well-being of seniors.
The Innovation Fund provides a limited number of grants for community projects that best meet the following goals:
- Community support services are inclusive and responsive in meeting the needs of seniors
- The community is engaged in meeting the needs of seniors
Priority will be given to community leagues and other community-based organizations in Edmonton with not-for-profit status.
Funding is limited. To ensure that money is still available before you apply, please call 780-496-7898.
- Complete the Innovation Fund Application Form
- Submit your completed proposal either:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Age Friendly Edmonton
Community Inclusion & Investment, Citizen Service
City of Edmonton
8th Floor CN Tower
10004 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 0K1
- Grants are a maximum of $5,000
- Exceptions may be made if project proposal identifies strong benefits in doing so
- Smaller cost proposals are welcomed and encouraged
- Matching contribution(s), either in money, services in kind or equipment is required
- Projects must involve seniors
- Sustainability is a highly desired outcome
- Proposals for start up or demonstration projects are preferred
Successful Applicants : Report
At the completion of the project, each group or organization that receives funding is expected to submit a report within 90 days of project completion.
This report must include:
- Impact of the project on the community
- Successes and/or areas of improvement
- Participant feedback
- Plans for creating sustainable, long-term impact
- Budget reporting, including number of seniors involved in various capacities
Community groups may be asked to share their experiences and learnings with other community groups through Age Friendly Edmonton publications, and at Age Friendly Edmonton events held throughout the year.
Acknowledgement of Funding
Public acknowledgement of funding by Age Friendly Edmonton is expected. The Age Friendly Edmonton logo will be provided to use on publications as required.