Recognizing the signs and symptoms of mental health concerns is essential to helping friends and family members who are suffering. It is important to encourage your loved ones to get help. Help friends and family members by reserving judgement and assuring them you are there to help in whatever way you can.
The following are several resources available for individuals who are seeking assistance approaching family members or loved ones having difficulty coping with mental health issues:
- Understanding Mental Health - Canadian Mental Health Association Edmonton
- National Network for Mental Health
- Canadian Institute for Health Information
- Canadian Mental Health Association Public Health Agency of Canada
- Valuing Mental Health: Report of the Alberta Mental Health Review Committee 2015