The Employee Engagement Award recognizes a Corporate Climate Leader that has increased sustainability awareness and action among its employees.
Congratulations to Lafarge Canada, our 2021 Employee Engagement Award recipient!
Lafarge Canada has elevated its sustainability profile, and employee engagement, through participation in the Strategic Energy Management (SEM) Program and Corporate Climate Leaders Program.
Notably, Lafarge Canada has:
- Formed energy teams at a number of facilities.
- Regularly circulated tips on energy reduction to all staff.
- Regularly presented sustainability results to supervisors and senior management—encouraging sharing of learnings between teams and recognizing employees and operations responsible for positive results.
- Developed the Lafarge Environmental Awards (awarded annually on Earth Day) where facilities and employees are nominated and recognized.
- Shared their actions and improvements on social media, other media channels and through a series of webinars: Everyone Onto the Boat, Strategic Energy Management (SEM - Real Stories/Real Savings).