Rebate amounts are specific to the building energy retrofit project completed by the participant. The Eligible Measures List includes all equipment that qualify for rebates as well as the rebate amounts and measure-specific eligibility criteria. Eligible measures are divided into four categories:
- Lighting fixtures (interior, exterior)
- Controls (lighting, non-lighting)
- HVAC (including hot water)
- Building envelope
The following rebate caps apply to all program participants:
- Measure level maximum rebate: The rebate amount cannot exceed 50% of the actual costs of equipment and installation
- Minimum Rebate per Application: $1,000
- Maximum Rebate per project per program year: $75,000, or $125,000 if a heat pump is installed
- Maximum rebate per company per program year (at multiple locations): $150,000
Bundling and Bonuses
To encourage more significant energy retrofits, participants who install measures from more than one equipment category will receive an additional 5% bonus rebate for each category they install, up to a maximum bonus of 10%.
To encourage participation in third-party green building certification programs, participants are eligible for a 50% rebate for certification costs as well as an additional 5% bonus rebate on the entire project.
Bonuses are applied over and above the project rebate caps and maximums described above.
For example, a warehouse that completed retrofits on 1,000 high bay lights ($100/fixture) and included 1,000 motion sensors ($20/control) and installed a 10t heat pump ($900/ton) and received BOMA BEST certification. This project would be eligible for the following rebate amounts:
1000 Lights ($100/bulb) + 10t Heat Pump ($900/ton) + 100 controls ($20/control) rebate + BOMA BEST (50% of $6,500 certification cost) = $114,250
Due to 3 measure categories, there is a bundling bonus of 10% across all eligible measures = $114,250 * 1.10 = $125,675
Due to the BOMA BEST Certification, there is a certification bonus of 5% on all eligible measures = $125,675 * 1.05 = $131,958.75
Therefore, the total rebate amount is $131,958.75.