Most Commercial and Home Based Business licence applications or renewals can be made online.
Please note as you submit your application for processing, mandatory business closures are currently in effect due to COVID-19 and you may need to change service delivery models to comply.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or 780-442-5054
- By phone at 780-442-5054 (credit card only)
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- By mail
Credit card payments will only be accepted for payments under $5,000, and EFT will only be accepted for payments over $5,000.
Mandatory Business Closures
The Province has implemented additional measures to strengthen protection against the spread of COVID-19 in Alberta. Restrictions are now in place for close-contact businesses, dine-in restaurants and non-essential retail services.
- Close-contact businesses, including hair salons and barbershops, tattoo and piercing studios, esthetic services, wellness studios and clinics as well as non-emergency and non-critical health services provided by regulated health professionals or registered professionals, including dentistry, physiotherapy, massage, podiatry, chiropractic and optometry services are closed, effective immediately.
- Dine-in restaurants will no longer be able to offer dine-in service but may offer take-out and delivery services.
- Non-essential retail services such as clothing, computer and gaming stores, and services in shopping malls and shopping centres such as hobby and toys, gift and specialty items and furniture are closed, effective immediately.
- A full list of restrictions is available at alberta.ca/covid19 under the restrictions on gatherings and businesses section.
- The list of essential workplaces that can continue to operate in Alberta can be found on alberta.ca/covid19 under the essential services section.
COVID-19 Business Support
We know that businesses have been impacted by COVID-19 and this has been extremely challenging for you. Please visit the City’s COVID-19 business support webpage for information on steps the City is taking to support business owners.