Fall U-Pass Program
The U-Pass program will be suspended for the Fall session. Once institution timelines are finalized for the Winter session, we will share that information.
Fall U-Pass Program
Fall U-Pass Program Update
The City has been working collaboratively with the participating post-secondary institutions, and due to the majority of fall classes being offered online, the joint decision was made to not issue Fall U-passes this year. Students can take advantage of a number of alternative discounted fare transit options offered by ETS and municipal regional partners. Options include:
- Monthly ETS Youth Pass that has expanded age eligibility to those 24 and under
- Subsidized Ride Transit Program
- Discounted books of tickets (10) are also an option for students who use transit less frequently
- For students who are seniors, ETS and most municipal transit partners offer free or discounted seniors monthly passes
The City values the importance of their relationship with the post secondary institutions and student unions. ETS and participating U-Pass institutions continue to evaluate options beyond Fall 2020 that are operationally feasible.
The Universal Transit Pass (U-Pass) program provides eligible students at participating institutions unlimited travel on ETS (including DATS* and Route 747) and participating regional providers.
*DATS registration is required prior to using DATS service, please contact 780-496-4567 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
U-Pass - Stickers and Validity
- U-Pass stickers are available from participating institutions in August for Fall session (September – December), early December for Winter term (January – April) and in April for Summer term (May - August), where applicable.
- U-Pass stickers are issued by the institution for each term and are placed on student photo identification cards issued by the post-secondary institution.
- The current U-Pass sticker on the student card is the U-Pass. It must be displayed upon boarding to bus operators and must be with the student at all times on the LRT.
- U-Pass is non-transferable, cannot be resold and may only be used by the student who was issued the U-Pass.
- Students attempting to use transit services with a U-Pass outside the validity period risk a $250 fine for fare evasion. If you do not have a valid U-Pass sticker on your student card, you are required to pay regular fare for transit service.
Refer to our U-Pass frequently asked questions.
You must have the proper sticker attached to your ID card prior to using transit. If you do not have the sticker, please pay the regular cash fare for transit service.
Students traveling on buses and LRT who continue to use their U-Pass beyond the expiry date risk a $250 fine for evasion.
Fall Term U-Pass: Valid August 25 - December 31
Winter Term U-Pass: Valid January 1 - April 30
Spring/Summer U-Pass: Valid May 1 - August 31
U-Pass Information - Institutions
For information regarding sticker distribution and U-Pass program information related to your institution check your institution's U-Pass webpages.
If your institution is not part of the U-Pass program, please contact your students' association to indicate your interest and for future information on participation.
Transit Service Information
For Edmonton Transit service to University of Alberta, MacEwan, NAIT and NorQuest College Campuses:
Regional Transit Service
For region-specific service and student pass information, contact: