Main page content begins here

The U-Pass program is suspended for spring/summer session. Once institution timelines are finalized for the Fall session, we will share that information.

The Universal Transit Pass (U-Pass) program provides eligible students at participating institutions unlimited travel on ETS (including DATS* and Route 747) and participating regional providers.

*DATS registration is required prior to using DATS service, please contact 780-496-4567 or

U-Pass - Stickers and Validity

  • U-Pass stickers are available from participating institutions in August for Fall session (September – December), early December for Winter term (January – April) and in April for Summer term (May - August), where applicable.
  • U-Pass stickers are issued by the institution for each term and are placed on student photo identification cards issued by the post-secondary institution.
  • The current U-Pass sticker on the student card is the U-Pass. It must be displayed upon boarding to bus operators and must be with the student at all times on the LRT.
  • U-Pass is non-transferable, cannot be resold and may only be used by the student who was issued the U-Pass.
  • Students attempting to use transit services with a U-Pass outside the validity period risk a $250 fine for fare evasion. If you do not have a valid U-Pass sticker on your student card, you are required to pay regular fare for transit service.


Refer to our U-Pass frequently asked questions.

U-Pass Expiry

You must have the proper sticker attached to your ID card prior to using transit. If you do not have the sticker, please pay the regular cash fare for transit service.

Students traveling on buses and LRT who continue to use their U-Pass beyond the expiry date risk a $250 fine for evasion.

Fall Term U-Pass: Valid August 25 - December 31

Winter Term U-Pass: Valid January 1 - April 30

Spring/Summer U-Pass: Valid May 1 - August 31

U-Pass Information - Institutions

For information regarding sticker distribution and U-Pass program information related to your institution check your institution's U-Pass webpages.

If your institution is not part of the U-Pass program, please contact your students' association to indicate your interest and for future information on participation.

Transit Service Information

For Edmonton Transit service to University of Alberta, MacEwan, NAIT and NorQuest College Campuses:

Regional Transit Service

For region-specific service and student pass information, contact:

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content