Safety and security is everyone’s business. Call to report unusual and suspicious activity.
Transit Watch is a public awareness program that encourages the active participation of ETS passengers and employees in maintaining a safe transit environment. The message is simple - we all have a responsibility to look out for our own safety and the safety of our fellow citizens.
ETS employees have specialized training, knowledge, and experience. Our passengers collectively contribute a host of extra eyes and ears and may identify potential emergency situations. By staying alert and working together, we can maintain a safe transit environment.
Get involved in everyday safety
Please make a commitment to being an alert, informed, prepared, and involved member of this partnership in safety. If you see something out of the ordinary, report it immediately to the bus or light rail train Operator, other uniformed ETS personnel, law enforcement personnel, or call Transit Watch at 780-442-4900.
Be on the alert for suspicious objects or substances. If you spot an unattended package or object, look for the following:
- Placement in an out-of-the-way location.
- Individuals in the act of abandoning the object, package or substance and quickly leaving the area.
- Objects with unusual items attached such as batteries, wires, tanks, bottles or bags.
- An attached message or note.
- A suspicious cloud, mist, gas, vapour, odour, or seeping fluid.
- Nearby individuals showing signs of illness or distress.
What to do:
- Call 911 immediately or contact ETS Transit Watch at 780-442-4900.
- Do not use a cell phone until you are a safe distance away (approximately 300 feet). If possible, use the Help Phone or other landline phone to report a suspicious object, package or substance.
- Do not confront suspicious individuals or touch suspicious objects, packages or substances.