- Red Line: Metro Line
- Green Line: Late Night & Sunday service for Metro Line
- Blue Line: Capital Line
Depending on the day and time, Metro Line trains will sometimes end at Health Sciences and other times at Century Park before turning back. This is needed in order to maximize the number of trains we can run during peak and non-peak hours.
Weekdays: Metro Line trains run between Century Park and NAIT station until 10pm.
After 10 pm, Metro Line trains run between Health Sciences and NAIT. If you wish to travel further south after 10pm on weekdays, you will need to transfer to a southbound Century Park train between Churchill and Health Sciences. Traveling north of Churchill also requires transfer from a Metro Line train to a northbound Clareview train.
Saturdays: Metro Line trains run between Century Park and NAIT station until 7pm.
After 7pm, Metro Line trains run between Health Sciences and NAIT. If you wish to travel further south after 7pm on Saturdays, you will need to transfer to a southbound Century Park train between Churchill and Health Sciences. Traveling north of Churchill also requires transfer from a Metro Line train to a northbound Clareview train.
Sundays: Metro Line trains run between Health Sciences and NAIT station all day.
What you need to know
- Passengers heading north need to check their destination (heading to either Clareview or NAIT).
- If you travel north of Churchill to Stadium, Coliseum, Belvedere, or Clareview, give yourself plenty of extra time to get where you’re going and make bus connections.
- Passengers can always change between the Capital Line and the Metro Line anywhere between Health Sciences/Jubilee and Churchill Station.
- Buses connect with Metro Line LRT at Kingsway/RAH Transit Centre
Traffic patterns will change
While steps have been taken to help traffic flow as smoothly as possible between trains, motorists driving in areas around the Metro Line will experience some delays.
Please exercise patience when driving in areas near the Metro Line:
- Expect delays at Metro Line crossings
- Allow extra travel time
- Consider alternate routes
Over time, traffic flow will adjust and adapt to the presence of the Metro Line.
Buses connect at the Kingsway/Royal Alexandra Hospital station. The new line serves the northwest of Edmonton with three stops:
Metro Line Station Maps
Metro Line schedule
- New LRT Stations at MacEwan University, Kingsway/Royal Alexandra Hospital, and NAIT.
- Direct underground connection between MacEwan Station and Churchill Station.
- Street-level LRT between 105 Ave and NAIT.
- Overhead pedway above 105 Ave at MacEwan Station.
- New multi-use trail connecting all new LRT stations.
- Expected to add 13,200 weekday riders to Edmonton's LRT network.
- Capacity for considerable growth once the line extends to city limits and further into St. Albert.
- Weekday ridership will increase by 45,000 with northwest extension.
- Interchange for Metro Line at Churchill Station.
Edmonton’s Metro Line is a 3.3 km extension from Churchill LRT Station in Downtown Edmonton to NAIT. The Metro Line is the first segment of a planned LRT expansion to Edmonton city limits near St. Albert and is part of the Transportation Master Plan’s vision to expand LRT service to all sectors of the City by 2040.
Metro Line Project History
See Metro Line (North LRT to NAIT) for more information and resources about this project.