- Capital Region Housing and its consultant Stantec led:
- The fifth public meeting to present an updated design concept, which are informed by previous feedback. The project team shared information and provided an opportunity for residents to share their perspectives on issues such as school-drop off, traffic, safety, and density.
- The fourth public meeting to share and gather input on two design concepts.
- City selected Capital Region Housing to develop the Keheewin housing project.
- City initiated a property offering for the development of a mix market medium density housing project in the neighbourhood of Keheewin.
- City held the third in a series of public meetings on this project, to provide residents with an update on the progress of the development, including:
- The status of the selection of the builder/operator for the site
- Efforts being undertaken to address community concerns raised around traffic, parking, and ongoing maintenance and operation of the housing development
- Next steps in the process
- City recruited community members to establish the Keheewin Advisory Committee (KAC). The KAC is a volunteer group of neighbourhood residents that are working with the City to help improve how the City engages with the community and ensure community viewpoints on the Keheewin housing development are heard.
- City held another public meeting to gather more detailed information from the community on a range of possible types of housing (apartments, townhouses, stacked townhouses, etc.) that might be considered for the site.
- City brought a report forward to Executive Committee identifying HomeEd, as a potential builder operator. At that meeting, the Executive Committee asked the City to include HomeEd as a potential builder/operator in the community engagement to allow residents more time to weigh in, and return to the Committee with a recommendation in the first quarter of 2017.
- The pilot engagement process was significantly revised to accommodate the need for a developer/operator to be selected before presenting initial design concepts.
- City held the first public meeting to introduce the project to the community, share initial perceptions of neighbourhood needs, and gain preliminary input.