Communications staff are active during business hours (8am - 4:30pm), but please call 311 with weekend and evening concerns. We bring you the latest updates on City of Edmonton news, events and activities.
The City of Edmonton Communication team monitors social media comments relating to the City organization and City issues for the purposes of responding to questions and informing Edmontonians, and to help our staff in the operations of services, program or activities of the City.
The City of Edmonton strives to respond to relevant questions and comments in a timely matter, but because we cannot engage in all conversations, we reserve the right to use our judgment in selecting the messages we respond to.
Trolls and trolling comments are not permitted. The comments you leave should be constructive, helpful or insightful. Violation of these terms of engagement may result in limited to blocked access.
The City of Edmonton will not engage in conversations of the following nature:
- Comments not topically related to our services or programs
- Comments that are offensive to an individual or organization, profane, hateful or defamatory, insulting, rude, abusive, aggressive or violent
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, creed, gender, marital status, socio-economic status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Messages for advertising/marketing purposes
- Messages that contain spam
- Messages that conduct or encourage illegal activity
- Messages that invade personal privacy
- Information that could compromise public safety or security, or operations
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages
- Messages that impersonate or misrepresent someone else, including public figures, City staff or City officials
- Messages that we feel will not add to the normal flow of conversation, dialogue or debate.
The City of Edmonton is not responsible for any use of material posted by users. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time.
These guidelines are used in conjunction with the City of Edmonton’s Social Media Guidelines.