In accordance with Section 53(1), Local Authorities Election Act (Proof of Elector Eligibility) and Section 95(1)(a)(ii) of the Election Act (Declaration Procedure), in order to vote, you must produce one piece of authorized identification that establishes both your name and current residential address.
Examples of authorized identification include:
- Alberta Driver’s Licence
- Alberta Identification Card
- Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque
- Income/property tax assessment notice
- Insurance policy or coverage card
- Statement of government benefits (ie employment insurance, old-age security or social assistance)
View the complete list of authorized identification that will be accepted at voting stations.