The City of Edmonton is committed to attracting and recruiting a workforce that is reflective of the diverse communities we serve. We intentionally seek and value diversity, as outlined in The Art of Inclusion; Our Diversity & Inclusion Framework. Talent Outreach operates in clear alignment with the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments to be Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent. By including and valuing diverse perspectives, we can better serve the needs of all Edmontonians and continue to build our great city.
Why is Having a Diverse Workforce Important?
- Allows us to identify and deliver programs and services that meet the needs of our truly diverse city and its residents
- Diverse perspectives and inclusive workplaces foster greater creativity, innovation and adaptability
- Improves the culture of our workplace, leading to higher levels of job satisfaction, morale and engagement
The Talent Outreach and Programs Team implements hiring programs and initiatives that support the City’s goal to build a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our work has been instrumental in helping the City become recognized as a Top Diversity Employer in Canada and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Youth.
Our focus is on the following areas:
- Indigenous Peoples
- Newcomers and Racialized People
- People with Disabilities
- Students and Youth
- Individuals transitioning from the Canadian Armed Forces
- Reducing the gender gap in targeted occupations
Our Programs and Services
- Collaborate with over 60 post-secondary institutions and employment organizations to implement talent acquisition initiatives and programs
- Represent the City at career fairs and employment events
- Increase awareness and understanding of City jobs and our application process
- Provide career coaching and counselling to individuals interested in working for the City
- Source and refer qualified candidates to hiring teams