At the City of Edmonton we are committed to hiring individuals from a variety of different backgrounds.
We value the diverse opinions and perspectives that each member of our team brings. We believe that through the diversity of our workforce, we can collectively build a great City.
The Diversity Recruitment Team's mission is to implement hiring programs and initiatives that attract a workforce that is diverse, talented, and reflective of the community we serve.
Why is having a Diverse Workforce Important?
- Allows us to better connect with the citizens we serve
- Diverse perspectives and thoughts foster creativity and innovation
- Improves the culture of our workplace
- Indigenous Peoples
- Newcomers to Canada
- People with Disabilities
- Students & Youth
- Visible Minorities
- Individuals transitioning from the Canadian Armed Forces
- Eliminating the gender gap in targeted occupations
- Promote job opportunities, conduct information sessions and engage with candidates at career fairs and community events
- Provide career coaching and counselling to candidates
- Source and refer qualified candidates to Hiring Teams
- Implement targeted hiring programs and initiatives