Yes, participants do need to register prior to attending a session.
Fit For Fire is a community initiative that allows participants to experience the firefighter culture in a safe and unique way by hearing stories, asking questions and exercising. These weekly sessions are a safe place for anyone who has considered a career in firefighting or is curious if a career in firefighting would be a match for their values.
Fit For Fire has been postponed to 2022 due to COVID-19. Please check back in the new year for more information.
This is not an instructor-led class. These sessions are an invitation for participants to do what EFRS members do at their own pace and in their own way.
Edmonton Fire Rescue Services values diversity of ideas, experiences and approaches, and expects that participants of Fit For Fire will foster an environment of inclusion and belonging.
Fit For Fire Session Overview
- Introductions, Warm-up, Time to ask questions and hear some stories/experiences from active EFRS members
- Join EFRS members in the training they do to continue to stay fit - not just for the career, but also for healthy living
- Cool down, Q&A
Fit For Fire Eligibility
- Applicants must not currently be on EFRS' hiring eligibility list.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- EFRS is committed to building a diverse and inclusive fire service. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all communities.