The recruitment process for Edmonton Fire Rescue Services is competitive, multi-stepped and extensive. Applications will be accepted from March 1 to March 31. Learn more.
Training provides delivery of:
- Recruit firefighter training
- Training of firefighters on core competency programs
- Medical response training
- Promotional training programs
- Specialized training in hazardous materials
- Technical rescue, water and ice rescue programs
- Apparatus driving and operation programs
- Other programs as necessary for the safe and effective response to emergency events within the City of Edmonton
Logistics coordinates management of Fire Rescue capital assets, facilities, apparatus fleet and inventory, personal protective and safety equipment, as well as supply needs.
This program area also provides oversight of occupational health and safety programming, including employee physical and mental health wellness.
The Edmonton Firefighter Exchange program is an opportunity for personnel to attain a higher level of professionalism by temporarily exchanging jobs with another firefighter in Canada or another country. Learn more.
The Fit for Fire program provides insight, for both current and prospective recruits, into what to expect during the physical fitness assessment, recruit training and an eventual career in firefighting. Learn more.