The recruitment process for Edmonton Fire Rescue Services is competitive, multi-stepped and extensive. Applications will be accepted from February 1 to February 28.
Training provides delivery of:
- Recruit firefighter training
- Training of firefighters on core competency programs
- Medical response training
- Promotional training programs
- Specialized training in hazardous materials
- Technical rescue, water and ice rescue programs
- Apparatus driving and operation programs
- Other programs as necessary for the safe and effective response to emergency events within the City of Edmonton
Logistics coordinates the management of Fire Rescue capital assets, facilities, apparatus fleet and inventory, personal protective and safety equipment, as well as supply needs.
This program area also provides oversight of occupational health and safety programming, including employee physical and mental health wellness.
Once you become a member of Edmonton Fire Rescue Services, training occurs at every stage of your career.
The Edmonton Firefighter Exchange program is an opportunity for personnel to attain a higher level of professionalism by temporarily exchanging jobs with other firefighters in Canada or another country.
Fit For Fire is a community initiative that allows participants to experience the firefighter culture in a safe and unique way by hearing stories, asking questions, and exercising.
Camp Inspire is a firefighting camp designed to promote firefighting as a viable and rewarding career for women and gender-diverse communities.
The Edmonton Fire Cadet program is an opportunity for high school students to learn about Edmonton Fire Rescue Services, while developing life skills needed to become career firefighters in Edmonton.