Would you like to be part of a dynamic team that is helping shape the future of food and agriculture in Edmonton? The Edmonton Food Council is comprised of 15 members and accepts new members once a year, for three-year terms.
Our 2018 application process runs from April 1-30, 2018. Apply here.
The Council's Role
As a volunteer committee of the City, the Edmonton Food Council's primary role is to advise and act on matters related to the implementation of fresh: Edmonton's Food and Agriculture Strategy. They help to provide oversight and support to the ongoing implementation of the recommendations in fresh. The Edmonton Food Council aims to engage with the community on relevant and timely issues related to food and urban agriculture. Specific activities that the Edmonton Food Council undertakes to perform this role include:
- Providing advice to City of Edmonton administration and other key stakeholders
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of implementation
- Identifying emerging issues and opportunities
- Proposing key work priorities to the City
- Maintaining relationships with the food and urban agriculture community
- Engaging with the community on relevant and timely issues
- Facilitating connections between key players, such as various City departments, community partners and local food businesses.