- We are excited about the possibilities! All names will be collected by CITYlab and the OSBA and shared with the City of Edmonton's Naming Committee. The Naming Committee will review and approve the selected name.
- All ideas are welcome but for names to be considered, they need to adhere to the Naming Committee's Naming Criteria.
- We want to hear your stories. It could be a memory you have of the alleyway or the neighbourhood. It could be something that reminds you of the alley, or what you hope it will mean to the community.
- We will publish stories weekly, so make sure to check back for your submissions and to read what others are thinking.
- The competition will run from April 27 - May 18, 2017.
- The approved name will be announced in June 2017. The individual who submitted the name will be invited to a ceremony or unveiling in the summer.
- We will not publish stories that encourage, describe illegal activities, comments, stories, and names that may be offensive or hateful or defamatory, insulting, rude, abusive, aggressive or violent.
Do you have the perfect name for the alleyway on the north side of Whyte Avenue, between 104 Street and 105 Street? The Old Strathcona Business Association, the Edmonton Naming Committee, and the City of Edmonton’s CITYlab sure hope you do!
The perfect name might reflect a memory you have of the alleyway or the neighbourhood. It could be something that reminds you of the alley, or what you hope it will mean to your community. This name could also be in honour of a person or a historical event. We want to hear your story!