About the Workshop
It should take about 90 minutes to complete. You can come back at any time to pick up where you leave off. At the beginning and end of the workshop you will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire. This is to give us some indication of how your mindset has changed after taking the workshop. By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the difference between common stereotypes and actual facts about aging and older adults.
- Identify their own ageist attitudes and behaviours and those that are common in society.
- Assess their own behaviour with respect to older adults and be able to describe it as either ageist or respectful and inclusive.
- Make behavioural choices that are more respectful and inclusive of other adults.
- Commit to taking action in their personal, family and work life to promote greater respect and inclusion for older adults.